Alex Sung is the former Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor. Alex has been involved in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu since 2004 and is a long time student and black belt under Canadian BJJ Black Belt, and MMA pioneer, Curtis Brigham of Winnipeg MB. Alex is one of the highest ranking BJJ practitioner in New Brunswick and has competed in some of the largest national and international BJJ/grappling tournaments, such as, NAGA, Grappler's Quest, ADCC Pro and FILA.
Some of Alex's BJJ/Grappling highlights include:
- Close quarter combat instructor
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt
- Bronze medallist, 2011 (FILA) World Grappling Championships, Belgrade Serbia
- Six time North American Grappling Association (NAGA) Champion
- Gold medalist, 2010 NAGA World Jiu Jitsu Championships
- Gold medalist, Grappler's Quest Boston
Professional MMA Background
Alex has competed professionally at MMA in both Canada and the United States and holds a professional MMA record of 6-3 (see www.sherdog.com for official stats) Alex has fought in notable MMA promotions such as King of the Cage Canada; Ultimate Cage Wars; Dakota Fighting Championships; Cage Fighting Extreme; and Extreme Caged Combat.